What Is UVC and how can it keep our Hotels and Restaurants Safe in the 21st century???
There is a very good reason that the hotel industry has looked to UVC germicidal technology as a means to safely disinfect the Air and Surface environments, simply put it works every time without ever needing chemicals, refills, replacements or leaving residue behind.
UVC has played a big part in keeping us safe and healthy for well over a century. The history of studying UVC as a way to kill bacteria and other organisms dates back to as early as 1845, when it became known that microorganisms respond to light. In fact Niels Ryberg Finsen won a Nobel prize in 1903 for his work on using UVC as a means to fight the spread of disease.
Operating in the invisible light spectrum UV light can be broken down into 3 general categories UVA, UVB & UVC. UltraViolet A & UltraViolet B is what we feel on our bodies when we step outside on a sunny day, but Earth's atmosphere filters out the sun's irradiation in the UltraViolet C (UVC) band. This is a really good thing as no microorganisms can survive its irradiation power.
Once you can achieve a wavelength of light between 200 and 280 nanometers you have a germicidal lamp in the UVC range. It works on the basic principle of Time * Intensity * Distance. The bigger the light, the smaller the space the shorter the disinfections time.
Top 10 Reasons UVC LED should be considered as part of the solution
- Chemical free disinfection - no refills, no replacement parts, no residue, no downtime between disinfection cycles
- Long life : 8,000 - 10,000 hrs of continual usage. It takes approximately 7 minutes per Hotel room.
- Cost Effective - low running costs associated with LED technology. Up to 120,000 rooms disinfected during lifespan of light
- Works Every Time - based on the principle of Time * Intensity * Distance in UVC wavelength
- Easy to eliminate Viruses such as Sars Cov 2 - the virus that causes Covid 19 can be deactivated in minutes
- No Mercury Vapor or Ozone that are normally associated with UVC tube lights.
- Designed for ease of use by hotel staff, easy to store, can be wheeled to any part of the hotel and turned on with a simple push of a button. Robust LED lights are designed to last in the work environment
- Adaptable to different situations - Our mobile units can be easily transported to any environment for quick disinfection cycles.
- Safety is our priority along with microwave shut off sensors. Our lights are equipped with an array of safety features such as timers, sound delays and preset on/off controls.
- Power options from 15 watts to 600 watts makes our UVC LEDs lights the most versatile and powerful on the market.- based on the principle of
Time * Intensity * Distance