British Heart Foundation Showcase Hotel Clearance Service at Hotel This Autumn
Did you know the British Heart Foundation offers a free clearance service for businesses within the hospitality sector?
This September, the British Heart Foundation (BHF) will be showcasing their professional clearance services at the Hotel 360 Expo, aiming to encourage businesses within the hospitality sector to be more sustainable –by donating items that are still in a useable condition but are no longer needed. The BHF will be attending the Expo to offer their quick and easy professional services to hotels in the process of refurbishment or who will be planning a refurbishment in the future.
By letting the charity’s dedicated workforce take away any unwanted furniture or homeware items, businesses can not only cut down on clearance costs, but also raise much needed funds for the charity’s vital heart research. Hotels with unwanted furniture and electrical items, such as beds, wardrobes, chairs, coffee tables, mirrors and TVs all have the potential to raise thousands of pounds for research into heart and circulatory disease and contribute to the 74,000 tonnes of goods that BHF shops save from landfill each year. By considering the BHF free service for your refurbishment project, you will prioritise reuse over recycling which is at the heart of the circular economy.
Over the last few years the BHF has been working with hotels on a local and national level across the UK, offering a dedicated and tailored service. The charity retailer can fit around busy schedules, whether it’s a one-off collection or an ongoing project, a tailored schedule will be developed to ensure this fits in with a continuing operation.
The BHF have recently worked with Jury’s Inn, collecting items worth thousands of pounds from the hotel’s Exeter branch to sell in BHF home stores.
Lauren Vine, General Manager of Jurys Inn Exeter, said: “The service provided by the BHF has been fantastic - it has been a very busy time for us and the BHF team made a huge contribution in helping us meet our refurbishment schedule.
“Our furniture has been very well looked after so it would have been such a shame to have just thrown it away. We’re really pleased that our items have found new homes and that the money made will go towards vital heart research.”
Allison Swaine-Hughes, Retail Director at the British Heart Foundation, said:
“Our free hotel clearance service has been a fantastic way of raising money for our work over recent years, while also helping to save furniture from landfill.
“We’re delighted to have received so much positive feedback from hotels we have worked with and hope that we can be of assistance to plenty more businesses in the years to come. We have a dedicated team that can ensure a hassle-free and efficient service to support hotels every step of the way.”
To find out more on how your hotel or business can arrange a clearance with the BHF, head to https://www.bhf.org.uk/shop/donating-goods/hotel-furniture-clearance-service.
The Expo will take place on September 8th and 9th at the ExCel Centre London.
More information about the BHF:
• Each year, British Heart Foundation (BHF) shops raise around £30 million to help the BHF fund life-saving research into all heart diseases, stroke, vascular dementia and diabetes.?
• The BHF has around 750 shops across England, Scotland and Wales including 550 Standard shops and over 200 Home stores, selling up to 85,000 items every day.??
• Each year, the?BHF eBay shop?sells around 150,000 high value and unusual items to raise funds for heart and circulatory diseases.?
• Collectively, BHF shops and stores prevent over 74,000 tonnes of items from going into landfill each year, providing a sustainable solution for those looking to shop pre-loved or businesses and individuals keen to donate good quality items.
• The BHF is fortunate to have over 17,000 volunteer opportunities in its shops. Nearly a quarter of employed retail positions are filled by those who have previously volunteered for the BHF.?
• To find your local shop visit bhf.org.uk/shop.
• For over 50 years the BHF has pioneered research that’s transformed the lives of people living with heart and circulatory diseases. Every pound raised, minute of your time and donation to our shops will help make a difference to people’s lives.?