British Heart Foundation Showcases Hotel Clearance Service
~ Did you know the British Heart Foundation offers a free clearance service for businesses within the hospitality sector? ~
This September, the British Heart Foundation (BHF) will be showcasing their professional clearance services at the Hotel 360, aiming to encourage businesses within the hospitality sector to be more sustainable – by donating items that are still in a useable condition but are no longer needed.
The BHF will be attending the Expo to offer their quick and easy professional services to hotels in the process of refurbishment or who will be planning a refurbishment in the coming year.
By letting the charity’s dedicated workforce take away any unwanted furniture or homeware items, businesses can cut not only cut down on clearance costs, but also raise much needed money for the charity’s vital heart research. By considering the BHF free service for your hotel refurbishment project you will prioritise reuse over recycling which is at the heart of the circular economy.
Hotels with unwanted furniture and electrical items, such as beds, wardrobes, chairs, coffee tables, mirrors and TVs all have the potential to raise thousands of pounds for research into heart and circulatory disease and contribute to the 71,000 tonnes of goods that BHF shops save from landfill each year.
Over the last few years the BHF has been working with hotels on a local and national level across the UK, offering a dedicated and tailored one-to-one service. The charity retailer can fit around busy schedules, whether it’s a one-off collection or an ongoing project, a tailored schedule will be developed to ensure this fits in with a continuing operation.
The BHF have recently worked with Millennium Hotels, collecting items worth thousands of pounds from the Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick and the Millennium Conference Centre (MCC).to sell in BHF home stores.
Ben Underwood, Area General Manager at Millennium Hotels said: “My team and I were delighted to be able to support the British Heart Foundation by donating used hotel furniture which had come to the end of its service.
“Not only were we able to play a small part in raising a significant sum of money for this wonderful charity, we also avoided adding nearly 11 tonnes of furniture to landfill thus supporting our own environmental sustainability obligations.
“I believe all hoteliers should be doing what they can to support charities, like the BHF, and to protect the environment.
“The team at BHF were exceptionally pro-active and helpful to work with. A large-scale logistical task was made easy and efficient not least because of the professionalism of the BHF team we worked with.”
Jane Flannery, Senior Regional Director at the British Heart Foundation, said:
“Our free hotel clearance service has been a fantastic way of raising money for our work over recent years, while also helping to save furniture from landfill.
“We’re delighted to have received so much positive feedback from hotels we have worked with and hope that we can be of assistance to plenty more businesses in the years to come. We have a dedicated team that can ensure a hassle-free and efficient service to support hotels every step of the way.”
To find out more on how your hotel or business can arrange a clearance with the BHF, head to https://www.bhf.org.uk/shop/donating-goods/hotel-furniture-clearance-service.
The Expo will take place on September 28th and 29th at the ExCel, London.
Notes to editors:??
- Each year, British Heart Foundation (BHF) shops and stores raise millions to help the BHF fund life saving research into all heart diseases, stroke, vascular?dementia,?and diabetes.
- The BHF has over 710 shops and stores across England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland including 520 high-street shops and over 190 Home stores, which this year will sell around 25 million donated items.
- The?BHF eBay shop?is set to sell over 330,000 high value and unusual items this year, which will help raise funds for research into heart and circulatory diseases.
- This year, the BHF will save around 71,000 tonnes of goods from going to waste, by sellingover half a million pieces of living room furniture, including 250,000 sofas and 14,000 tonnes of preloved clothes. Through the reuse and recycling of donated items this helps prevent 135,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions being released into the atmosphere.
- Since launching?its?Depop?account, the BHF has become one of the top sellers on the site and has a five-star rating, with over 13,000 followers helping to raise funds for life saving research.
- Each year, the BHF has around 17,000 retail volunteers who generously gift their time, however its shops are always in need of volunteering support. Nearly a quarter of employed retail positions are filled by those who have previously volunteered for the BHF. To find out more visit: org.uk/volunteer.
- To find your local BHF shop or browse online please visit?org.uk/shop.????
- You can post your donations for free to the BHF by downloading a postage label online and dropping it off at your local Collect+ store. To download your label visit:?org.uk/postyourdonations.???
- With donations from the public, the BHF funds ground-breaking research that will get us closer than ever to a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. A world where broken hearts are mended, where millions more people survive a heart attack, where the number of people dying from or disabled by a stroke is slashed in half. A world where people affected by heart and circulatory diseases get the support they need. And a world of cures and treatments we?can’t?even imagine today. We are backing the best ideas, the brightest?minds?and the biggest ambitions - because that’s how we’ll beat heartbreak forever.???